Back to notes
front end foundations, html, css, web development
- Web was started by Tim Berners-Lee:
- began as a way to distribute data on "cards" that were linked with "hyperlinks"
- was instituted later as the "World Wide Web"
- the language of webpages is HTML
- HTML is input as a plain text document that is then interpreted and converted into web content for visual consumption
- when we write HTML we put it inside of a file with the extension
- so, web browsers are basically just "HTML readers"
- URLs can be thought of as paths to HTML files:
http:// (protocol) +
example.com (server) +
/magic-cake.html (path to an HTML file)
- Browser uses URL to request HTML file from server and then display the HTML